SPH Media Trust announces new board appointments at SPH Media Holdings
Singapore, 25 February 2022 - SPH Media Trust (“SMT”) today announced the appointment of six new directors to the board of SPH Media Holdings Pte. Ltd. (“SPHMH”).
SMT’s Chairman, Mr Khaw Boon Wan, said: “We are pleased to welcome six new directors who will bring diverse insights and expertise to the board of SPH Media Holdings which oversees the corporate and operational aspects of the SPH Media Group. The directors’ proven leadership and extensive experience in strategic development, corporate finance and financial oversight will be invaluable to our efforts in growing as a trusted media organisation and in guiding our digital transformation.”
With effect from 1 March 2022, the board of SPHMH will comprise Mr Khaw Boon Wan as Chairman, Ms Teo Lay Lim as Deputy Chairman, and the following as Directors:
- Mr Patrick Daniel;
- Mr Philip Lee Sooi Chuen, Vice-Chairman of Global Banking for South East Asia, HSBC Bank (Singapore) Limited;
- Mr Lee Yi Shyan, Executive Advisor, OUE Limited;
- Ms Lim Mei, Co-Head of Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions, Allen & Gledhill;
- Mr Max Loh Khum Whai, Managing Partner for EY in Singapore and Brunei, and EY Asean IPO Leader;
- Mr Bahren Shaari, Chief Executive Officer, Bank of Singapore; and
- Ms Elaine Yew Wen Suen, Senior Partner, Egon Zehnder.
Please refer to the Annex for more information on the new Directors.
ISSUED BY SPH MEDIA TRUST (UEN: 202125108M)
For media queries, please contact:
Corporate Communications & CSR
SPH Media Trust
DID: 6319 3081
About SPH Media Trust
SPH Media Trust is incorporated as a public company limited by guarantee. The mission of SPH Media Trust is to be the trusted source of news on Singapore and Asia, to represent the communities that make up Singapore, and to connect them to the world. It has several business segments in the media industry, including the publishing of newspapers, magazines, and books in both print and digital editions. It also owns and operates other businesses including radio stations and outdoor media. For more information on SPH Media Trust, please visit www.sph.com.sg and our social media channels on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.